Welcome to Avid English Level 5. You will learn how to speak and listen to natural English. This level is for PRE-INTERMEDIATE-INTERMEDIATE/CEFR B1-B2 students.
There are 40 lessons. Each lesson has 4 tasks.
1. Watch a video presentation on how to use and hear vocabulary/grammar
2. Answer some check questions on the video presentation
3. Listen to the questions. Choose what you hear.
4. Listen to the answers. Choose what you hear.
After 20 lessons:
- Use will and won’t to talk about the future
- Use still, until and not anymore
- Use other, others and another
- Use possessive pronouns like mine and yours
- Give facts and opinions
- Use yet and already
- Make conditional sentences with if.
You can talk about...
Parties, conversations and having a good or bad time
- Thinking about things and choosing things
- What you have to do and don’t have to do
- Making mistakes and getting something right or wrong
- Accents and areas
- How much is enough or not enough
- How many are too many and how much is too much
- Factories and offices, national and international business
- Famous and important people and places
- Things we cross over or go through, like bridges and tunnels
- Being lazy or hard-working and trying to do things
- Waiting and arriving
- Being funny or serious and having a laugh.
After 40 lessons:
- Make conditional sentences about the future
- Use make with adjectives and verbs to say how things make us feel.
You can talk about...
- What’s fair or unfair and sorting out problems
- What’s popular and who’s good-looking
- What’s possible and impossible
- What’s likely or unlikely to happen
- Looking after people
- What’s strange or special and what you normally do
- Measuring things like temperature, length and weight
- What happens at the airport like queueing and checking in
- Fractions and percentages
- Buying and wearing clothes, jewellery and make-up
- How you feel
- Emotions like love, hate and happiness
- Feeling jealous, boyfriends, girlfriends and dating
- Marriage and relationships
- Making friends or money and what things are made of
- Showing things to people and hiding things from people
- What we look at and look for.